Vietnam Travel Blog
Invisible App Zone
Title Text. Haz clic aquí para editar.
Title Text. Haz clic aquí para editar.
We hear you – travelling with kids can be tough. But it is also totally worth it. Family holidays are a profoundly beneficial time for you and your children.
Away from work and your busy home schedule, holidaying with the kids is the perfect opportunity for you to give them the priceless gift of your time. Make your next holiday the best family vacation, as you learn, play and explore together.
1. Bonding Time - A recent survey showed 65 percent of parents say they only play occasionally with their children. A family holiday is the perfect opportunity to be in the other 35 percent and spend some quality bonding time together.
Vin Space Art Studio in Ho Chi Minh, organises a variety of workshops for adults and children, ranging from oil, acrylic and abstract painting to handicrafts-making, woodblock-printing, and photography.
Enjoy a little bonding at a traditional Vietnamese Water Puppet Show. Depicting the culture, traditions and folklore of Vietnamese life in vivid sets and props, the puppet shows are one of the best family activities in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Get Smart – Holidays can advance brain development in children. This is because, unlike at home, on a family holiday you are more likely to be exercising the ‘play’ system and the ‘seeking’ system in your brain.
For families with older children, the offer the opportunity for a highly interesting, if sobering, educational visit. Learn about, and even crawl through, the tunnel systems the Vietnamese guerrillas fought in during the Vietnam War for a hands-on educational experience.
3. Explore Together – A new and exciting environment offers new experiences that combine social, physical, cognitive and sensory interaction.
There are various bike and cyclo tours to choose from in Ho Chi Minh City, that make for an exciting way to see the city as a family. The leisurely rides are ideal if you’re travelling with the little ones, and most excursions have food stops and photo-stops.
4. Big Kids – Bringing your kids along on holiday means you get to be big kids too.
Monkey Island promises a fun-filled day out near Ho Chi Minh City. Enjoy a family adventure in the mangroves and see who can spot the most wildlife as you hike around the island. While the island certainly lives up to its name, with thousands of monkeys scampering around, the island is not just about these lovable primates. This diverse ecosystem has plenty to discover, including a crocodile preservation area, and much much more.
5. Discover Their Tastes – At home your kids may be fussy eaters, but while away trying new foods the kids may well discover their tastes and return home not quite so fussy. Ho Chi Minh city has plenty of food options to cater for all tastes.
To get stuck in with the culture head to where you’ll find a plethora of food stalls to tempt the kids. If you want to take the kids on a real foodie journey, why not go on a street food tour together.
7. Healthy Competition – Holiday time is a great time to play together. Team up or go head to head...just make sure you’re not a sore loser if the kids win.
Head to the games arcade centre at Vincom Center Shopping Mall in Ho Chi Minh City and have a go at basketball, air hockey, a variety of video games, or even bumper cars. There’s also a superb food court selling ice-cream, burgers, and many other offerings to keep everyone fed and amused.
7. Sleep and Play – A good nights sleep is essential for happy little ones but finding the right place to stay with something to please all the family can be tricky.
Fortunately, at Sherwood Suites there is something to keep everyone happy. The hotels serviced apartments and facilities cater to your every need, be it relaxing, keeping in shape or simply enjoying time together as a family. Unwind in the Jacuzzi, sauna or steam bath, while the kids burn off some energy in the outdoor pool. Keeping everyone entertained is easy in the games room offering plenty of fun for the whole family, with a pool table, darts, and table soccer table. For the little ones there are a host of fun toys and games available to keep them amused in the safe and well-equipped kids play area.